Vinschool Economic Forum officially returns
Economic Forum – organized by Vinschool for the first time in the school year 2021-2022 with the theme "COVINOMICS: Impact of the Covid pandemic on Vietnamese economy" – attracted the participation of more than 200 high school Vinsers nationwide.
Continuing last year’s success, Vinschool Economic Forum 2022-2023 – with the theme “Global inflation & the risk of world economic recession” – aims to bring valuable academic experience to high school Vinsers who are passionate about economics in general and the Economics subject in particular.
Participating in the activity, Vinsers have the opportunity to:
- Accumulate valuable academic experience that highlights career orientation and benefits their university applications
- Meet and discuss with leading economic experts and other Vinsers who share the same passion for economics
- Enhance academic skills such as research, analysis, teamwork, public speaking, critical thinking and debating skills
- Receive academic scholarships and other valuable gifts
This year’s forum revolves around the Russia-Ukraine war and China’s implementation of strict social distancing measures to deal with Covid, causing a disruption in global product supply chains. As a result, global commodity prices rocketed, leading to the highest inflation rates recorded in the past 40 years in the US and many European countries as of the second quarter of 2022.
Through 3 rounds of competition, 2022-2023 Economic Forum encourages high school Vinsers to apply their academic knowledge in class and research outside of class to solve economic problems:
- Round 1 (October 27 – November 27, 2022): Idea Round – Teams prepare presentations answering the question: “How does inflation affect economies around the world?”. Presentation is conducted in Powerpoint format with written or spoken narration.
Register and submit your entries HERE by 11:59 PM, Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- Round 2 (November 28, 2022 – January 13, 2023): Preliminary round – 15 teams selected from Round 1 present ideas and debate with the Expert Council, from which 5 best teams will be chosen for the Final round
- Round 3 (February 1, 2023 – March 24, 2023): Final round – Top 5 teams exchange and discuss with leading economic experts
At Vinschool, Grade 11 and 12 Vinsers have the opportunity to enroll in any of the 50 university-level foundation subjects offered by the school, such as Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Psychology, Computer Science, etc. To create a platform for Vinschool students to improve and share their knowledge in Economics, the Student Counseling Office and the Economic AP Program will extensively support Vinsers during this activity.