Grade 12 Vinser wins early admission to #13 National University in the US
Le Binh Minh, a 12th-grade Cambridge programme student at Vinschool The Harmony, recently received an offer of admission from Vanderbilt University, which ranks 13 out of 443 National Universities in the U.S. According to US News, only 7% of applicants in 2022 were accepted by Vanderbilt University.
Binh Minh’s impressive academic results, research and extracurricular activities played a significant role in helping him impress the admission committee of Vanderbilt University. Specifically, in 2022, Binh Minh has accomplished remarkable achievements:
- 8.0 IELTS; Grade A for three AS Level subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- Gold Award in Hong Kong International Science Olympiad
- Silver Award in International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition
- Bronze Award in International Applied Physics Olympiad
- Best Individual and Team Performance in a School Science project competition run by the International Center for Science & Interdisciplinary Education
- Leader of “CubeSat Satellite” project at the International Research and Training Institute for Space and Geospatial Technology
- Chairman of Vinschool Astronomy Club
Sharing the “know-how” to impress the admission committee, Binh Minh said: “I think one of the most important factors is to prepare your study abroad application early, from grade 9 or 10. I am very passionate about scientific research, especially in Astrophysics, so in the past years, I have always actively looked for opportunities to improve my knowledge and skills in this field through national and international programmes and competitions. I also appreciate that Vinschool has created a diverse learning and extracurricular environment to increase students’ experience in many fields. The school takes into consideration the different learning needs of each student, thereby developing activities that help us discover and develop our strengths and passion. Moreover, Vinschool teachers have always extensively supported me in many competitions and projects I’ve participated in, which I am really grateful for.”
May Binh Minh have even better learning and scientific research experiences in his upcoming journey at Vanderbilt University.