Charity month to celebrate Vietnamese Teachers’ Day (November 20)
Wishing to fulfill the mission of “For a better life for everyone”, every teacher and staff at Vinschool has made an effort to improve their professional skills and fulfill social responsibilities towards sustainable community development.
This goal has been achieved by Vinschool through a series of events, including charitable activities throughout the system. Below are some community activities held by Vinschool to celebrate the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day during the month of November:
- Via the budget of 2020 EDURUN charity fund, K-ooc Kindergarten has been built in Trong Hoa Commune, Minh Hoa District, Quang Binh Province to provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for the local children. The school will officially be inaugurated on November 24, 2022. The charity fund is also used for installation of stainless steel water tanks with a capacity of 100 m3 for Tan Trach Primary & Secondary Semi-Boarding School for Ethnic Minorities in Tan Trach Commune, Bo Trach District, Quang Binh Province.
- Vinschool awarded the 2022 Kien Tao Scholarship to 40 outstanding underprivileged students from 22 provinces and cities. The students, together with 68 scholarship winners in the first season of the program in 2020, will have the chance to attend personalized educational programs designed by Vinschool to meet their developmental and learning needs, access high-quality educational programs while maintaining their daily life and learning activities in their hometowns.
- Vinschool Ocean Park High School has completed the first phase of the “Spreading Knowledge” project in the 2022-2023 academic year in Meo Vac District, Ha Giang Province, raising more than 147 million VND. The school donated 15 tablets, school supplies, teaching equipment, a bookcase with nearly 600 books, and scholarships to orphan students worth a total of 93 million. Vinschool Ocean Park High School also organized a workshop to share positive teaching methods with the teachers at the ethnic minority boarding school. In addition, the school presented gifts worth more than 11 million VND to 34 poor households in Thuong Luong Village, Xin Cai Commune, Meo Vac District.
- Vinschool Star City has raised nearly 150 million VND in cash and about 400 books for disadvantaged children at Thanh Hoa Pediatrics Hospital. The students, parents, and school staff have installed 2 bookshelves in the hospital, and given hundreds of meals as well as meaningful handmade gifts to the children.
- Vinschool Thang Long has contributed nearly 1,100 books to students and built a bookcase of love for the library at Thung Rec Primary and Secondary School, Hoa Binh Province. During the visit to the sister school, Vinschool Thang Long also held workshops to share teaching methods and experience with the local teachers, as well as skills training with the students at Thung Rech school.
- Vinschool Central Park Primary School has given gifts, held exchanges and donated necessity items to disadvantaged students at Chuc Tu Pagoda and Ky Quang 2 Pagoda in Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City. In addition, the school’s teachers also organize English lessons for the children living in the pagodas. To continue the journey of “Bringing knowledge to the hamlets”, the school also shared its experience in how to build and to run a library effectively, develop a reading culture and build an audio bookstore at the library of Y Ngong Primary School, Buon Ho Town, Dak Lak Province.
- Vinschool Gardenia Primary School has donated more than 2,700 books, nearly 800 new notebooks, 2,000 sets of clothes, 100 backpacks and many other school supplies to the students of Le Van Tam Primary School in Dien Binh Commune, Dak To District, Kon Tum Province.
- Vinschool Times City Primary School has organized charitable activities at Phat Tich Nursing and Vocational Center (Bac Ninh) to interact with disadvantaged elderly people and children, at the same time carried out a meaningful activity to “Change the coating” of the white walls in the center with an area of up to 500 m2.
- Vinschool Smart City visited Thuong Nung Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary School in Vo Nhai District, Thai Nguyen Province to present books, necessity items and school supplies, and talk about interesting books with the students of the local school.
Vinschool’s social charitable projects not only aim to provide better learning opportunities for underprivileged students, but also help Vinsers realize the values of solidarity and mutual love, at the same time spreading values to the community.