AP Program (Advanced Placement) – “Revealing” the secret to choosing the right subject
Vinschool is a pioneering education system implementing a credit training model at the high school level, in which students can choose from about 50 subjects, including university subjects in the Advanced Placement (AP) program.
When applying to universities in the US and Canada, AP test results give students an edge in their application, especially for those looking to get into Ivy League universities, as well as giving them the opportunity to reduce the number of credits during a freshman year at university.
So for Vinschool students, how many AP subjects should they choose to study?
The number of AP courses a student takes should depend on the college the student is aiming for. If they want to apply to an Ivy League university or top 20 school in the US, students can aim to study 3-4 AP subjects per year. However, if students have difficulty with scheduling and balancing their study and extracurricular subjects, Vinsers can also work with academic advisors at the school to choose the most suitable number of subjects.
At the moment, Vinschool is teaching 8 AP subjects including:
- AP Chemistry
- AP Biology
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Psychology
- AP Computer Science A / Principles
- AP 2D Art & Design
- AP Calculus AB/BC
Which AP courses should students choose to increase their application’s competitive edge?
Choose AP subjects based on the career direction students want to pursue in the future. The Academic Counseling Department offers some suggestions for students as follows:
- If you want to pursue Finance/Accounting: AP Calculus BC, AP Microeconomics, and AP Macroeconomics is the combination for you.
- If you want to pursue Computer Science: choose AP Calculus AB/BC and AP Computer Science A/Principles.
- If you want to pursue Biomedical Engineering: AP Chemistry, AP Biology, and AP Calculus BC will be suitable subjects.
- If you want to pursue MBA: there are many course options you can consider such as AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Computer Science A / Principles, AP Statistics, and APEC (AP English language and composition).
Students interested in the AP program can contact the Vinschool Academic Counseling Department for more detailed information and advice via email at [email protected]
The cost of the entire AP program course is 100% supported by Vinschool in order to encourage Vinsers with outstanding academic ability good English skills to experience a highly challenging academic program similar to that of foundation subjects in the first year of university. In the course, students will be guided by teachers with professional qualifications and experience in preparing for international exams such as AP and IB, who are lecturers of leading universities in Vietnam such as University of Science and Technology, Foreign Trade University, Hanoi National University of Education, and Hanoi University of Science and Technology. Read more about the AP program in the article.