Notice on strengthening COVID-19 infection prevention and control for the new school year
Dear valued Parents,
On September 3rd 2020, all Vinschool Primary, Secondary and High school students will officially start their 2020-2021 academic year. To improve the effectiveness of infection prevention and control in the school settings, the Vinschool Education System will ensure that:
- Teachers guide students through infection prevention and control procedures and teach them safety skills in the first period of their first day at school.
- At lunchtime and naptime, students strictly adhere to physical distancing and communication regulations.
- Students are only allowed to enter the school premises no more than 20 minutes before the start of the school day and should be picked up right after the school day ends. Students should not stay at school for any reason.
- Students have their body temperature measured before going to school. It is compulsory for them to wear face masks all the time at school (except during PE class with outdoor activities), on their way to school and back home. Each student should bring their own water bottle and hand sanitizer.
To ensure safety for students who use the school bus service, we will disinfect all buses before picking them up in the morning and afternoon. You are kindly requested to remind your children to wear face masks while on the bus and throughout their time at school and use hand sanitizer as recommended. Students must not eat/drink or tease each other, and refrain from talking while on the bus.
Students should not go to school on September 3rd 2020 if:
- They or any family member have had flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, difficulty breathing) in the past 14 days.
- They or any family member have been in contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases in the past 14 days.
- Their body temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher (students should have temperatures checked daily before attending school).
In addition to raising students’ awareness, we also take effective measures to prevent and control infection in our schools, including:
- Communicate the infection prevention and control plan to all teachers, staff members, parents and students;
- Maintain regular contact with the authorities for the latest updates, timely reports, and collaboration when necessary;
- Disinfect all classrooms and function rooms with Chloramine B 0.5% on weekends until the pandemic is over; clean classroom surfaces at least once a day and when dirty, and shared spaces at least twice a day and when dirty; keep classroom doors and windows open at the end of the school day to increase ventilation (when there are no students inside);
- Measure students’ body temperature as required by health authorities; ensure soap and hand sanitizer are available in toilets and hallways;
- Make sure 100% of the employees wear face masks properly while at school;
- Suspend collective and off-campus activities until the pandemic is under good control;
- Follow the handling procedure in case of detection of those with symptoms.
To provide feedback, please contact the Admissions Department via hotline 18006511, select the desired language and dial 1 or 2 in working hours (8 AM – 5 PM from Monday to Friday and 8.30 AM – 12.30 PM on Saturday).
We look forward to receiving your support and companionship for a successful school year ahead.
Vinschool Education System