Vinsers impressive Advanced Placement (AP) exam results: Nearly 40% very well qualified & extremely well qualified
Monday, 05/09/2022, 14:09 (GMT+7)
In recent days, good news has continuously arrived for Vinschool’s high school students enrolled in 13 Advanced Placement (AP) Courses in the 2021-2022 school year: AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP 2D Art & Design, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP Statistics, and AP Physics 2.
According to the latest results from College Board, Vinschool students have achieved impressive results:
- Nearly 70% of the exam-takers scored 3 out of 5 or higher. A hundred percent of the students taking the 3 subjects of AP 2D Art & Design, AP Environmental Science and AP Physics 2 achieved a score of 3 or higher.
- As for scores of 4 and 5 out of 5 – very well qualified and extremely well qualified scores – 37% of the test-takers achieved such high results, including 100% of students taking AP Environmental Science and AP Physics 2.
- The percentage of exams with scores of 3 out of 5 or higher in the 7 subjects of AP 2D Art & Design, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics 2 is much higher than the average score of other schools in Vietnam and around the world.
Vinschool is one of the first education systems in Vietnam to introduce a course credit model at the high school level, in which students can select from about 50 subjects, including college-level AP courses.
What benefits does the AP program bring to students?
- AP exam scores are recognized in more than 60 countries, especially those with developed education systems such as the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, etc. Nearly 90% of colleges and universities in the US and Canada give priority to students with AP certificates.
- Around 31% of colleges and universities in the US and Canada prioritize their scholarships to students with AP exam scores.
- More than 650 colleges and universities around the world outside the US recognize AP credits for college course credit exemption with AP scores of 3 out of 5 and higher.
- In Vietnam, high AP exam scores are a great advantage for students to apply for scholarships at VinUniversity and the Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
- The combination of AP exam scores and A Level helps students confidently gain scholarships and admission to competitive majors at top colleges and universities around the world.
The cost of the entire AP courses is covered by Vinschool in order to encourage Vinsers with outstanding academic performance and competent English skills to experience a highly challenging academic program that is equivalent to the curriculum for first-year university students. During an AP course, students will be taught by qualified teachers with experience in preparing for international exams such as AP and IB, who are at the same time lecturers of leading Vietnamese universities such as Foreign Trade University, Hanoi National University of Education, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, etc.