FROM A VINSER OF THE VERY FIRST COHORT TO AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TEACHER AT VINSCHOOL
Friday, 27/08/2021, 16:08 (GMT+7)
“A NEW START AT EXACTLY WHERE WE STARTED”
Ms. Nguyen Nha Uyen – a student from the first cohort at Vinschool Times City High School (2014-2017), who just graduated with Distinction – Top 5 Graduates from the University of Foreign Languages, Hanoi National University, officially became an English Teacher at Vinschool for the school year 2021-2022!
The young teacher proudly shared: “The teachers at Vinschool are the biggest inspiration for me to dream of becoming a teacher right from my high school years. For me, the opportunity to become a Vinschool teacher is the new beginning within my dear “home”, where my dreams began.”
Recounting the time in high school, Uyen said that the remarkable thing during her years at Vinschool was the “reverse classes” – when she and her friends were empowered by teachers to stand in front of the class, present and interpret for other students about her lessons, topics or projects. Owing to this, she realized her significant interest in imparting knowledge to others, Uyen nurtured hope and was determined to pursue her dream of becoming a teacher. It was her love for Vinschool and Vinschool’s advanced educational philosophy that prompted her to apply to be a teacher here as soon as she graduated from the High-Quality Programme of English Pedagogy, University of Foreign Languages.
“For me, teaching English is not only to focus on the goal that students can practice using the English language but also to help students develop self-study, research skills and the most important is the love for English. English helped me get access to new horizons of knowledge and opportunities, therefore, I want my students to acquire knowledge as well as unleash the potential in each of them.” – shared Uyen.
In particular, I think that one of the qualities that every teacher should have is the ability to do “Reflective teaching” which is to constantly “self-reflect”, ponder on their lectures in order to ceaselessly improve their expertise and develop their skills, maintain the spirit of lifelong learning, because in my opinion, no teacher and no class is perfect.
From a shy student when entered grade 10 at Vinschool to now, a young professional with strong pedagogical skills, Nha Uyen is ready to inspire Vinschool’s next generations of students. She hopes to help them understand and believe in themselves, lead them to the shores of their dreams – just like how she was “germinated” here!
Let’s take a look at some of Nha Uyen’s remarkable achievements from high school to now:
– First prize in Young Leaders Essay Contest 2015 organized by IDP in conjunction with Trinity University (Australia) – grade 11
– Valedictorian of High-quality entrance at Faculty of English Education – University of Foreign Languages - Vietnam National University, Hanoi – 2017
– Distinction graduation from high-quality bachelor’s program with a GPA of 3.85/4.0 – in the top 5 graduates of the University of Foreign Languages
– IELTS 8.0
– Experienced in working at Kim Dong Publishing House, British Council; is an IELTS Lecturer at prestigious centers in Hanoi.
– Achieved the title of Excellent Student in the academic year 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020
– Won the first prize at school level for the scientific research project “Teaching English to students with mental, behavioral or neuro-developmental disorders according to the inclusive education model in Vietnamese primary schools: Situation and Solutions.” (the school year 2019 – 2020) and has an article published in the Journal of Foreign Studies, University of Foreign Languages, Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
– Won the title of Representative Young face at school level, Representative Young face at VNU in the years 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020.
– Achieved the title of Student Ambassador for the academic year 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020
– Member of the Executive Committee of the Youth Union – Faculty of English Education.
CONGRATULATIONS TO VINSER MS. NGUYEN NHA UYEN! WE HOPE YOU ALWAYS KEEP YOUR ENTHUSIASM AND HAVE MANY MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES ON THE JOURNEY AHEAD!