Expat ESL Teacher – High School
Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and licensed/professionally certified English Foreign Language Teachers to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will teach English as a Foreign Language and IELTS classes Full-time (14-18 teaching hours) at High School level (Grades 10-12) in a non-profit bilingual school system. Successful applicants will be suitably trained and qualified, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
· Teaching English as a Foreign Language to High School-aged students according to the requirements of the school curriculum.
· Teaching IELTS Preparation Courses High School-aged students according to the requirements of the school curriculum.
· Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
· Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
· Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
· Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development and health.
· Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
· Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
· Attending faculty meetings, professional development training and school events.
· Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
· Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
· Minimum Education Requirements
o Bachelor/Master in Education
o Or Bachelor/Master in English and Literature/ Applied Linguistics + TEFL/TESOL/CELTA
o Freshly Graduated is applicable
o DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
o Please provide a sample Lesson Plan for a 45-minute lesson.
o Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
o Experience in IELTS Examination Preparation = All 4 skills & marking criteria (to be eligible to teach IELTS classes)
o Fluent level English speaker with an accent discernible to Vietnamese students.
o Strong presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
o Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
o Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook
o Ability to make a commitment for up to 2 full academic years
· International medical insurance
· Paid holidays and summer payment
· 2 way airfare and relocation allowance for overseas hires
· Accommodation/housing allowance provided
· Settling allowance
· Discount for children’s tuition fee (bilingual education)
· Visa, Work permit and residence card provided
· Salary from US$ 2100 – $3000 after tax
· Performance and completion bonuses