School Psychologist/Counselors Director
Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City
The Vinschool, a private educational institution in Vietnam, is seeking school psychologists/counselors and interns to serve all students at the K-12 level in the system.
We seek individuals who must demonstrate a commitment to strengthening student family and community engagement and communication with the diverse populations. Employee may work in a variety of K-12 educational, individual or team settings.
- Consults with teachers and administrators regarding specific students and/or groups of students.
- Works with various school teams to support multi-tiered systems of support for all students within their assigned schools.
- Interprets and utilizes data for the purpose of developing appropriate prevention and intervention plans for struggling learners within their schools.
- Conducts comprehensive psycho-educational evaluations that include but are not limited to the assessment of cognitive, developmental, academic, social/emotional and behavioral performance.
- Conducts assessments and collects data by use of informal and non-standardized evaluation techniques.
- Counsels students individually and in small groups.
- Provides crisis intervention support for individual students and school communities when needed.
- Provides training for school staff members and parents on a wide variety of topics that impact student learning in school, including but not limited to child development and effective parenting practices.
- Assists parents in locating available educational and mental health resources in the community.
- Assists with school-wide initiatives to enhance students’ social-emotional and leadership skills.
- Maintains professional skills through attending relevant in-service trainings, reading current literature and professional memberships.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S in Psychology with a concentration in Child Development, Counseling, Education, Behavioral Health or with several courses taken in these areas, from a university in an English-speaking country.
- M.A./M.S. or other advanced degrees in School Psychology or School Counseling preferably, from a university in an English-speaking country.
2. KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ethics and standards of practice for school psychology/counseling.
- Ability to use a variety of psychological and educational assessment instruments.
- Ability to deliver individual and group counseling services for students at different ages.
- Ability to present reports, provide recommendations, and lead SST and IEP meetings.
- Ability to provide consultation to administrators, teachers, and parents on student’s learning and adjustment issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the school environment.
- Ability to use data to formulate recommendations and to assist in the decision-making process for students.
- Ability to be self-directed, responsible and complete work within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all school stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple cases concurrently with strong organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English writing, reading, and speaking.
4. ANTICIPATED START DATE
Fall 2019 – Exact date TBD – Based on Vinschool’s employee work schedule.
Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Determined by candidate’s education level and experience.
- Bonus scheme and salary increase system: Getting 13th month pay on the occasion of Lunar New Year on pro rata basis of actual working months in the year; being considered for a salary increase once a year at the end of the school year.
- Health Insurance: Receiving medical examination and treatment at Vinmec International Hospital and being entitled to the benefits under Health Insurance Policy.
- Meal allowance: being entitled to the meal allowance according to the policy of the Company.
- Annual vacation trip.
- Annual leave: 12 days a year. After every 5 years of seniority, one more day will be added according to the laws.
- Discounts and motivational incentives when using services provided by Group’s Subsidiaries: According to the general regulations of the Company.
- Discounts for own child/children studying at Vinschool: employees are entitled to a 30-50% discount of tuition fees when their child/children study at Vinschool Education System.
- Training: The Company will provide training courses depending on the job requirement.
- Other welfare benefits: being entitled to according to the Company’s policy.